The Manitoba government today released a toolkit of information and materials for students, parents and teachers as they prepare for a return to the classroom. The focus is on the fundamentals of learning and working around COVID-19 including:
- Parent Guide – providing what parents and guardians can expect when school resumes;
- Mask Use Guide – providing information on the use of masks in school and on buses, when you put them on, what happens when they are soiled and other tips;
- Easy Reference for Parents to the Pandemic Response Notification System – providing parents with a simple understanding of how changes in their school’s COVID response level will affect day-to-day school routines;
- COVID-19 Screening Questions – a tool for parents and schools to screen for signs and symptoms; and
- COVID-19 in Schools and Early Learning and Child Care Centres – providing guidance on cases of COVID-19 in schools and child-care centres.
The materials are available online at www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/covid/index.html. Information will be updated as required throughout the school year.