On October 19, Premier Heather Stefanson announced the Small Business Minimum Wage Adjustment Program which will provide a prorated wage subsidy of up to 50 cents per hour for the six-month period from October 1, 2022, to March 31, 2023, for each employee earning the new minimum wage of $13.50 per hour for up to 40 hours per week.
The program is intended to help small businesses adjust to increased payroll costs associated with an increased minimum wage. It will feature a streamlined application process and small businesses with up to 20 employees will be eligible to apply.
- Employers must possess an active and valid Business Number, business bank account, and e-mail address.
- Employers must be registered, and in good standing with the Companies Office (not required for sole proprietors).
- Have up to 20 employees that work and are located in Manitoba.?
- As of September 30, 2022, an employee was paid between $11.95 and $13.49 per hour.
- As of October 1, 2022, the same employee is being paid $13.50 per hour.
To confirm if an employee qualifies, email [email protected].