From August to the end of December 2021, the MCC worked hard to champion local businesses while reinforcing consumer buying behaviour for the long-term with a massive #BuyLocalMB multimedia campaign.
We leveraged billboards across Manitoba, readerboards, television, newspapers, and social media, blanketing the province with our hashtag and reminder messages.
In total, our campaign garnered 37 million impressions! Here are some additional success highlights:
- We distributed 5,000 reusable branded shopping bags and window clings.
- We handed out 300 promotional posters to chambers and local businesses.
- We were seen and heard on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and even Spotify! Yes, that was Chuck Davidson’s voice you heard on Spotify!
- Almost 13,000 unique visitors navigated to the #BuyLocalMB site.
- Local chamber of commerce leaders downloaded from our online hub more than 600 tools and resources to use in their communities, from floor tiles to posters and social media graphics.
- Thanks to a great shop local holiday event at Toad Hall Toys in Winnipeg, we generated valuable media coverage and an important reminder leading in to the 2021 gifting season.
Thank you to all Manitobans and Chambers of Commerce who supported the campaign and invested in local businesses. Thank you also to our influencers for helping us spread the word! Let’s keep the #BuyLocalMB momentum going in 2022!