WINNIPEG – May 17, 2021: The Manitoba Chambers of Commerce voted 100% in favour of its 2021/2022 proposed board slate at the 90th Annual General Meeting on Thursday, May 13, our second virtual business meeting, and part of a full-day Manitoba Economic Summit (delivered live by webinar).
“Every year, I am so grateful to have such highly-qualified business and community leaders guiding us, but 2020 was a year unlike any other. After 15 months of living with COVID-19 and working hard to mitigate the unimaginable impact, we know we’re not ‘going back to the way we were,'” said Chuck Davidson, MCC President & CEO. “The board was integral to helping our team shape the MCCs new and critical role: to assess and share valuable information for businesses operating in unprecedented conditions, and to advocate for emergency relief and support programs.”
Now, as Manitoba begins to turn a corner with immunization, we’re excited to announce our 2021/22 board chair, Paul Provost, President of 6P Marketing. As a Manitoba business owner and experienced MCC board member with extensive marketing expertise, Paul’s leadership will help us continue providing meaningful support to Manitoba’s businesses while championing local and taking steps towards recovery. Click here to view Paul’s bio.
Presenting the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce 2021/2022 Board of Directors:
- Chair – Paul Provost, President & Founder, 6P Marketing
- Past Chair – Peggy May, CEO, Southport Aerospace Centre Inc
- Vice Chair – Michelle Kuly, Principal, Blueprint Inc.
- Vice Chair – Alison Kirkland, CEO, Women’s Enterprise Organizations of Canada
- Treasurer – Kevin Ploegman, Director, Fort Group Chartered Professional Accountants Inc
- Secretary – Paul Holden, President & CEO, Education Canada Group
- Legal Counsel – Nicole Smith, Associate, Pitblado LLP
- Michelle Aitkenhead, Community Manager – Winnipeg North, RBC Royal Bank
- Colin Bartlett, Managing Director, Prairie Region, Rogers Communications
- Mike Boucher, Partner, Assurance & Advisory, Deloitte
- Stephen Chychota, Executive Director, Dauphin Chamber of Commerce/Chamber Executives of Manitoba
- Darin Downey, President & COO, Gardewine
- Karly McRae, Owner, Lakehouse & Wasagaming Chamber of Commerce
- Sachit Mehra, Co-owner & Manager, East India Company
- Justin Phillips, CEO & Co-Founder, Sycamore Energy Inc.
- Kyle Romaniuk, Principal, Vantage Studios
- Beverlie Stuart, Associate Vice President, Business Development and Strategic Initiatives, Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT)
- Scott Sissons, CPA, CA, Partner – Audit, KPMG LLP/The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- Cathy Snelgrove, Siere/Brandon Chamber of Commerce
- Dave Van Hooren, Operations Manager, PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
“The chamber network is so strong today, both throughout Manitoba, and nationally. We’ve been very effective in working across sectors and alongside government to support the broader business community this past year,” said Provost. “I am thankful and proud to be a MCC member and board member, especially through the pandemic, as the organization has gone above and beyond to provide information, resources, and a level of confidence that we will get through this together. I am honoured to be leading the organization into the next chapter.”
The MCC team was fortunate early on in the pandemic to receive excellent advice from 2020/21 Chair, Peggy May, CEO of Southport Aerospace Centre, who reminded us to focus on driving member value.
“In March 2020, the MCC had to hit pause on many of their activities, just as so many other organizations were forced to do, but then they re-focused immediately,” said Peggy May, past-chair of the MCC Board of Directors. “The team bravely began digging in and delivering practical and essential COVID-related information — and because of that, MCC members felt heard and supported. But they also felt that they could rely on the team to stay on top of and communicate emerging news, shifting protocols, changes in business requirements, and available funds.”
The MCC wishes to thank retiring board members, Judy Murphy, President & CEO of Safety Services Manitoba, and Carolynn Cancade, GM, Brandon Chamber of Commerce, for their excellent service.