For a moment in history, every company shared the same simple mission statement: Protect our people, our customers, and our business.
In a few short months, COVID-19 UPENDED EVERYTHING. Rapid innovation. Decision-making at lightning speed. Never-before-seen levels of cooperation between the public and private sectors. Small teams on the front lines; quick, virtual meetings focused on the demands of the day and the immediate goals. Amid the tragedy of COVID-19 is a marvel of collective human adaptation.
As leadership teams dig into the complex process of recovery, one truth is abundantly clear: We cannot afford to go back to the old way of doing things. The companies that most aggressively adapt to and implement new ways of operating will turn this crisis to their advantage. There is no “normal” to go back to, and pivoting organizations will advance into the new future and capitalize on the gains from testing and learning through the crisis.
On Thursday, May 13, you’re invited to join us for our FREE virtual 2021 Manitoba Economic Summit and 90th annual general meeting and policy debate, from 8 AM to 4 PM. We’re gathering Manitoba business and community leaders for this special event live via Zoom dedicated to re-writing the roadmap to recovery, breaking down our shared notion of normalcy, and yes, even celebrating success stories amid the economic fallout. Join us to contribute your ideas for Manitoba’s rebuilding. You don’t want to miss this day.
Full agenda to follow. Here are some of our confirmed contributors, panels, and sessions:
- Dr. Trevin Stratton, Chief Economist, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- The Honourable Perrin Beatty, P.C., O.C., President & CEO, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Pandemic Pivots – Business success stories panel moderated by Mariette Mulaire, President & CEO of World Trade Centre Winnipeg
- Manitoba Business Matters – A discussion of critical employer considerations, health & safety matters, and recovery resources featuring representatives from CPA Manitoba, Thompson Dorfman Sweatman Law and 1Life Workplace Health & Safety.
- The Path to Normalcy – Special invited guests who will introduce us to new supports for businesses, and dig in to existing resources and tools that businesses should be examining and adopting.
- Business Meeting chaired by outgoing MCC Chair Peggy May, CEO, Southport Aerospace Centre
- Policy Debate
- And more…
Register for the FREE full-day summit here!