The Manitoba government is issuing a new public health order to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of all Manitobans, Premier Brian Pallister announced today.
“These decisions are not easy ones, but they must be made during this global pandemic to protect the health and safety of all Manitobans,” said Pallister. “These new orders will ensure critical services are available while taking steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.”
The chief provincial public health officer is issuing orders under The Public Health Act as approved by the minister of health, seniors and active living. These measures will be in place as of 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, April 1.
- Click here to read the Province of Manitoba’s news release.
- Click here to view a Frequently Asked Questions document.
- Click here to read the background behind the Act.
- The list of public health orders and the schedule of critical services can be found online at www.manitoba.ca/covid19/soe.html
- Businesses with questions about how the order and schedule of critical services apply to their operations can visit http://engagemb.ca/covid19-csp for up-to-date information, and to ask questions that will be answered by government officials.