Safety Services Manitoba (SSM) is a premier provider of road and occupational safety training and consulting to individuals and industries across Manitoba. We train over 25,000 students annually and provide hundreds of safety consultations to a wide range of industries. We strive daily to fulfill our core purpose to “Make Manitoba safer with innovative, responsive safety services.”
We are a not for profit, non-governmental organization. The Board of Directors is a volunteer Policy Governance Board and currently has 9 members with a capacity for 15. The Board meets 5 times per year, plus committee meetings. SSM is seeking to appoint new directors at their AGM on March 29, 2023. Directors may serve a maximum of 3 consecutive 3-year terms (9 years).
We are seeking candidates who reside in Manitoba and possess the following attributes:
• Knowledge of Policy Governance and the board role (Carver Model);
• Experience and training in one or more areas of finance, corporate legal, human resources, road and work safety, business development, risk management, strategic planning;
• Appreciation of reconciliation, diversity, equity, and inclusion as a corporate value;
• Orientation toward the “big” picture, conceptual and strategic thinking;
• Orientation toward group discussion and decision making;
• Curiosity, a bias to learn, and orientation to resolve conflict;
• Effective communication and listening skills; and
• Knowledge of their respective industries and a passion for safe work culture and practices.
Please forward your resume, by 12 noon November 25, 2022, to:
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Safety Services Manitoba
SSM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of our programming and services. Director applicants who identify as Indigenous and or represent visible minorities are encouraged to self-declare such status when making application.