UPDATE: As of 12:45 PM yesterday, the DMI team had already received more than 250 PowerUP applications.
As a result, we made the difficult decision to close the portal to ensure we are able to review all existing applications for eligibility.
We can help fast-track your digital adaptation. Level up your business model and operations to compete in today’s tech-focused world. This grant of up to $25,000 covers new digital adaptation projects that must be completed before June 15, 2022. Go to www.digitalmanitobainitiative.com to check your eligibility, get the required documentation together, and be ready to take this opportunity to transform your business.
Questions about the application process? Click here to watch the recording of our Q&A webinar with DMI Program Director, Kay Gardiner.
The DMI’s second round application process has been split into two levels of grants to support immediately actionable projects including upskilling and training.
- TechUP – Reimbursement grant up to $5,000 for digital tools, which could include e-commerce enablement, touchless payment systems, advanced software, hardware for content creation and product promotion, investing in courses on digital marketing, branding and social advertising.
- PowerUP – Reimbursement grant up to $25,000 toward digital strategy, which could include new business models, processes and operations, improvements to client/customer experience and increase productivity, cloud migration, organizational training, technology upgrades, and procurement of technical support services.
The application portal for TechUP opened on February 23nd and we are excited to open the portal for PowerUP on Monday, March 14th at 11:00AM CST. DMI will run until it is fully subscribed and all funds have been allocated.
DMI grants are open to all businesses registered in Manitoba before March 1, 2020 with a specific technology need or strategic plan to optimize your business and maximize growth. You do not need to be a member of the Chambers, nor have a brick-and-mortar storefront.
To be eligible for DMI, businesses must:
- Be a registered business owned and operated in Manitoba
- Be in good standing with the Manitoba Companies Office
- Have a business banking account
To check your eligibility for DMI funding and to learn about the application process, visit: www.digitalmanitobainitiative.com