The Call for Nominations for the 36th Manitoba Business Awards is now closed. Thank you for your submissions, and congratulations to all our 2019 finalists and award winners. Click here to view the announcement of winners, or view all category finalist videos on the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce’s YouTube channel.
The Manitoba Business Awards Gala is the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce premier business event. Established in 1983 and held annually in the fall, this gala event recognizes businesses from all four corners of Manitoba that have achieved a standard of excellence in the community through their abilities, efforts, and initiatives. A spectacular night of prestige, entertainment, and celebration, the Manitoba Business Awards recognize organizations in multiple categories:
- Outstanding Social Enterprise/Not-For-Profit: This Manitoba Business Award is presented to a social enterprise or not-for-profit organization to recognize and celebrate some of the inspiring social businesses making a real difference for people, for the planet, or for a purpose. This award honours the organizations bringing their values to life through a range of social impact initiatives and that gives back, enriches communities and makes contributions to society, and who use their business acumen to make a real difference, tackling social or environmental problems.
- Start Up of the Year: This award was established to celebrate the finest and bravest who risked everything to launch a new enterprise and in recognition of the sweat and tears that went into shaping what will drive the Manitoba’s economic engines tomorrow. The award salutes the entrepreneurs and seeks to inspire the dreamers and daredevils in all of us by inspiring innovation without limitation.
- Outstanding Business: Award nominees demonstrate success in company growth including sales, profitability, growth prospects, and employment creation in Manitoba by identifying their strategic goals and accomplishments. Also they will also illustrate their commitment to research and the development of advances in the company’s industry sector. Consideration is also paid to a company in any industry for excellence as a business with a vision for sustainable growth, who engages in innovative practices, is outstanding in their field, and has a continuing positive impact on the community.
- Outstanding Small Business: A Manitoba based company consisting of less than 30 employees.
- Outstanding Medium Business: A Manitoba based company consisting of 31 to 150 employees.
- Outstanding Large Business: A Manitoba based company consisting of more than 151 employees.
- Long-Term Achievement: In addition to the above criteria, this award was established to recognize and celebrate outstanding long-term business achievements by the Manitoba business community; all award recipients are evaluated on sustained growth, contributions to Manitoba employment and community involvement demonstrating a long-term commitment of at least 50 years in operation.
- Long-Term Achievement Urban: A Manitoba based company in operation a minimum of 50 years with a primary base of operation within the capital region of Manitoba.
- Long-Term Achievement Rural: A Manitoba based company in operation a minimum of 50 years with a primary base of operation outside of the city of Winnipeg.
- WCB Return to Work Award: Presented and judged by the Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba, this award is presented to the Manitoba business that has developed the most outstanding Return to Work program. All applicants are evaluated based on their ability to develop a culture of Return to Work in their organization with measurable results.
- Business of the Year: The Business of the Year Award is the pinnacle of Manitoba business success. Presented to any of the 5 Manitoba Business Award Category winners that have demonstrated significant business achievement, has sustained growth with a pathway for future growth, and shows the potential to go on to become a true pillar of our province. The winner is determined by the highest overall score during the judging process whereby the winners of the Outstanding Small, Medium, and Large Business Categories as well as the Long-Term Achievement Urban and Rural and include any business of any size, in any industry.
The Manitoba Chambers of Commerce is also pleased to present two prestigious Lieutenant Governor’s Awards at the Gala. Manitoba’s vibrant communities are shaped by the contributions of extraordinary businesses and individuals who live in them. Awarded to an individual as well as a company, they inspire by their example, and we are honoured to recognize them. The recipients of the Lieutenant Governor’s Awards are selected by an elite Jury Panel and are not part of the nomination process. To learn more about the Lieutenant Governor’s Awards, criteria, and past recipients, please click here.
Businesses operating in Manitoba are encouraged to notify us of their interest in the Manitoba Business Awards program or recommend another business that should be considered for an award. A business may self-nominate or be nominated by another party, including a member of the selection committee.