The Call for Nominations for the 37th Manitoba Business Awards will open soon! Watch your MCC email for notification, and consider honouring a pillar of the Manitoba business community.
Established in 1983 and held annually in the fall, the Manitoba Business Awards recognizes businesses from all four corners of the province that have achieved a standard of excellence in the community through their abilities, efforts, and initiatives. And you can participate! You may wish to nominate your deserving peers, you may self-nominate, or businesses may be nominated by a member of our selection committee.
The Manitoba Business Awards Gala is the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce’s premier business event. A spectacular night of prestige, entertainment, and celebration, the Awards recognize organizations and leaders in multiple categories:
- Outstanding Social Enterprise/Not-For-Profit: This award is presented to a social enterprise or not-for-profit organization making a real difference for people, the planet, or a purpose, and honours those who are bringing their values to life through a range of social impact initiatives. We celebrate organizations that give back, enrich communities, and contribute to society’s well-being by using business acumen to make a real difference and tackle social or environmental problems.
- Start Up of the Year: This award was established to celebrate the finest and bravest who risked everything to launch a new enterprise and in recognition of the immense efforts that go into shaping what will drive the Manitoba’s economic engines tomorrow. The award salutes entrepreneurs and seeks to inspire the dreamers and risk-takers in all of us by inspiring innovation without limitations.
- Outstanding Businesses – 3 categories: Award nominees demonstrate success through sales, profitability, growth prospects, and employment creation in Manitoba. These finalists identify their strategic goals and accomplishments, and illustrate a commitment to research, development, and advancement in their industry sector. Consideration is also paid to a company in any industry for excellence as a business with a vision for sustainable growth, that engages in innovative practices, is outstanding in their field, and has a continuing positive impact on the community. The three categories include:
- Outstanding Small Business: A Manitoba-based company with up to 30 employees.
- Outstanding Medium Business: A Manitoba-based company with 31 to 150 employees.
- Outstanding Large Business: A Manitoba-based company with 151 employees or more.
- Long-Term Achievement: In addition to the above criteria, MCC established this award to recognize and celebrate outstanding long-term business achievements by the Manitoba business community. Nominees are evaluated on sustained growth, contributions to Manitoba employment and community involvement, and for a long-term commitment of at least 50 years of operation.
- WCB Return to Work Award: Presented and judged by the Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba, this award is conferred to a Manitoba organization that has developed an outstanding Return to Work program. Applicants are evaluated based on their ability to develop a culture of Return to Work with measurable results.
- Business of the Year: The Business of the Year is the pinnacle of business success in our province. This award may be presented to any of the Manitoba Business Award Category winners. The Business of the Year will have demonstrated significant business achievement, sustained growth with a pathway for future growth, and shows the potential to become a true pillar in our province. The winner is determined by the highest overall score during the judging process whereby the winners of the Outstanding Small, Medium, and Large Business Categories as well as Long-Term Achievement, and include any business of any size, in any industry.
The Manitoba Chambers of Commerce is also pleased to present two prestigious Lieutenant Governor’s Awards at the Gala. Manitoba’s vibrant communities are shaped by the contributions of extraordinary businesses and the individuals who live in them. Awarded to an individual as well as a company, these awards celebrate those who inspire by example. The recipients of our Lieutenant Governor’s Awards are selected by an elite Jury Panel and are not part of the nomination process. To learn more about the Lieutenant Governor’s Awards, criteria, and past recipients, please click here.
Click here to view the announcement of 2019 winners, or view all category finalist videos on the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce’s YouTube channel.