On May 4, 2017, the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce (MCC) released a strategic plan document. The strategic plan has a strong focus on advocacy and policy development, specifically in the areas of developing a long-term economic vision for Manitoba, business attraction and retention, labour market, and key sector support. (NOTE: Due to the interruption of COVID-19, our 2020 Strategic Planning process has been put a hold, and the 2017-2020 Strategic Plan remains in effect.)
Our strategic plan, Changing Manitoba Together, outlines a series of overarching goals, objectives, and strategies that will ensure that the MCC continues to create value for its members and stakeholders.
The strategic plan was developed with a strong focus in the areas of:
- Fostering a long-term economic vision for Manitoba, as well as business attraction and retention
- Labour market development by:
- Integration of the Indigenous population and new immigrants into our skilled workforce
- Increasing investment in education to build the labour market to meet business needs and address the age gap
- Improving and ensuring labour market information accuracy
- Key industry sector support including:
- Transport and logistics
“The renewed focus on policy development and advocacy over the past number of years has resulted in significant growth for MCC and the chamber network,” says Chuck Davidson, MCC President & CEO.
“We have seen an increase in the number of local Chambers from 63 to 70, while at the same time increasing our corporate memberships, event attendance, and overall revenues. The MCC Board and staff are committed to building on that momentum to create greater value for the Manitoba business community.”