The Manitoba Chambers of Commerce (MCC) have undergone tremendous change and growth. From a renewed focus on policy development and multiple advocacy successes to more profound engagement from our 70 local Chambers, the foundation for the Chamber movement in our province is set for years to come.
In 2018, past chair of the board of directors, Kyle Romaniuk, and the development team at Vantage Studios, unveiled a new, modern MCC brand. The logo is intended to provide a distinctive mark that in time will become instantly recognizable, and embodies all of the attributes of the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce. The icon design was inspired by a number of elements:
- a meeting place with an open door;
- a ribbon that connects people, businesses, industries, and communities;
- being ‘The Voice of Business’ — a large speech bubble represents the collective voice of our businesses;
- the inner speech bubble represents the distillation of the issues important to our community;
- the ceremonious ribbon-cutting in honour of celebrating new business launches and expansions; and
- the support and encouragement for government to cut red tape.
The brand’s overall look and feel are intended to support a strong and credible first impression, express the pride felt throughout the organization, and meet the expectations of those who already hold high praise for the MCC.
From a Vantage Studios perspective, the goal was to give the Chamber a bit of a lift, leading to increased attraction to the network. We also hope, that in some small way, the brand will contribute to Manitoba’s profile as a great place to live and work, thanks to the efforts and dedication of the MCC and individual Chamber members.
To learn more about Vantage Studios, please visit their website, and to see more behind the design, brand and new logo, please click on the image below.