MANITOBA BUSINESS AWARDS
The Manitoba Business Awards Gala is the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce premier business event. Established in 1983 and held annually in the fall, this gala event recognizes businesses from all four corners of Manitoba that have achieved a standard of excellence in the community through their abilities, efforts, and initiatives. A spectacular night of prestige, entertainment, and celebration, the Manitoba Business Awards recognize organizations in seven categories:
- Outstanding Social Enterprise
- Start-up of the Year
- Outstanding Business of the Year:
- Outstanding Small Business: A Manitoba-based company consisting of fewer than 30 employees.
- Outstanding Medium Business: A Manitoba-based company consisting of 31 to 150 employees.
- Outstanding Large Business: A Manitoba-based company consisting of more than 151 employees.
- Outstanding Long-term Achievement: A Manitoba-based company in operation for a minimum of 50 years.
- WCB Return to Work Award: Presented and judged by the Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba, this award is presented to the Manitoba business that has developed the most outstanding Return to Work program.
- Business of the Year: The Business of the Year Award is the pinnacle of Manitoba business success.
For more detailed information on the Manitoba Business Award categories and eligibility please click here.
LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR’S AWARDS FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO THE COMMUNITY
Presented at the annual Manitoba Business Awards Gala, the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce Lieutenant Governor Awards honour the Outstanding Contributions made by Manitoba’s foremost business leaders whose exemplary accomplishments of vision, leadership, integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, and philanthropic contributions demonstrate consistent best practices in business at the highest level.
The Lieutenant Governor Awards for Outstanding Contribution to the Community were established by the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce in 2001 to recognize the achievements of Manitoba’s most distinguished citizens and organizations. Its inductees have helped shape our province through their business successes and commitment to excellence, strengthening our Manitoba economy and community.
A business may self-nominate or be nominated by another party. To nominate a deserving organization or for more information on the nomination and application process, please click here.