In 2019, the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce and the International Institute for Sustainable Development asked Manitoba business what they knew about climate change, what they were already doing to take climate action, and what types of support they needed. Click here for the 2019 survey summary.
Synthesis of Findings from 2019 forums hosted by local Chambers of Commerce
In 2019, we convened 11 Climate Action Forums across Manitoba to learn about and share examples of climate action taken by small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). These forums enabled business leaders to discuss successes and future plans; obstacles and barriers they face in taking action; and the types of support needed to move forward.
- Click here to access a synthesis of Manitoba company climate action examples.
- Click here to access a synthesis of barriers to climate action.
Climate Action Toolkits in other Jurisdictions
The following links point to credible organizations which have produced resources and tools to support the business case for climate action, and which are dedicated to helping individuals and corporations understand climate change risks, measure their carbon footprint, and take action:
- Climate Change – Canada.ca
- International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
- Manitoba’s Made-in-Manitoba Green Plan
- Efficiency Manitoba
- Prairie Climate Centre
- The Toronto Star — Undeniable: Canada’s Changing Climate (article series)
- CDP: CDP runs the global environmental disclosure system. Each year, CDP supports thousands of companies, cities, states and regions to measure and manage their risks and opportunities on climate change, water security, and deforestation at the request of their investors, purchasers, and city stakeholders.
- The Climate Group: The Climate Group is an international non-profit, founded in 2004, with offices in London, New Delhi and New York. Their mission is to accelerate climate change by bringing together powerful networks of businesses and governments to shift global markets and policies towards this goal.
- there100.org: RE100 is a global corporate leadership initiative bringing together influential businesses committed to 100% renewable electricity. The initiative works to increase corporate demand for – and in turn supply of – renewable energy, by bringing together major companies committed to sourcing 100% renewable electricity globally in the shortest possible timeline (by 2050 at the latest).