As a Local Chamber rep, we encourage you to participate in our Thursday afternoon policy segment and AGM (May 7), designed to help MCC determine our advocacy direction and shape the province’s future.
- To view an overview of our planned panels, click here.
- To access our preferred group rates and a special link to book your room the Radisson Hotel, click here. (Our MES room block offers a reduced nightly rate to attendees and is reserved until Friday, April 10, 2020. After that date, regular room availability and rates will apply.)
Important Dates and Documents of Note
- Deadline for policy resolution submission: End of day February 24, 2020
- Chamber Executives of Manitoba Annual General Meeting: Wednesday, May 6 – Thursday, May 7, 2020
- Proxy Form Deadline:
- Please click here for a look at a DRAFT two-day agenda. (Please note the agenda is subject to change.)
AGM Bursary Application
- To view information about the Ernie Nairn Bursaries in support of chamber attendance and participation (due March 27, 2020), click here.
2020 Policy Resolutions and Other Business
- A guide for developing Policy Resolutions can be found here.
- For a complete list of the 2019 Manitoba Chambers of Commerce Policy, please click here to view our Policy Handbook.
- Draft resolutions for the 2020 AGM are now available for review. Please click here to review both the renewal and new draft policies.
- If your local Chamber cannot attend this year’s AGM, we request you please fill out the following Proxy Form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A list of the proposed Manitoba Chambers of Commerce Board slate for 2020-2021 is now available for review. Please click here to review the slate for the Board of Directors.
- Questions and queries on resolutions can be sent to MCC Director of Policy and Communication, Karen Viveiros.
Delegate: A Delegate is a corporate member or local Chamber representative who has the right to vote at the AGM. Each corporate member and local Chamber is entitled to one (1) Delegate vote at the AGM.
Additional Delegate: An Additional Delegate is a corporate member of local Chamber representative that participates in the AGM but does not vote. Each corporate member and local Chamber is entitled to unlimited Additional Delegate registrations. Future Members of the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce must use this option to register.
Companion: A Companion is the spouse/family members/guests that do not participate in the AGM, but are there on retreat. Companions do not attend the Saturday sessions or Sunday policy resolution session. Each Delegate or Additional Delegate is entitled to unlimited Companion registrations.
To register for this year’s AGM, please click here.
If your local chamber is interested in hosting a future summit and AGM, click here.