As a Design Engineer you understand what goes into building a product – from requirement gathering and design through production to implementation. All to provide the customer with the product they desire. Our client’s commitment is to their customers and to continue their strong quality of work, they are ready to welcome a Senior Design Engineer to their team. If you consider yourself a creative design engineer and are passionate about working with an organization that is committed to continuous improvement and growth, then consider this opportunity with Monarch Industries – a best in class manufacturing organization.
- Focus on analyzing current and future customer applications and requirements for the custom design of industrial (hydraulic) components.
- Design hydraulic cylinders for customer a wide spectrum of applications, ensuring effective and efficient manufacturing.
- Develop and apply testing methodologies to custom designed products.
- Assess customer requirements and assess manufacturing capabilities.
- Provide Production, Purchasing, Production Engineering and Planning with information and documentation required.
- Liaise and consult with external customers to provide develop solutions for their hydraulic challenges, providing high quality customer service.
- Travel up to one week per month to meet with clients.
YOU AND YOUR EXPERIENCE:
- You have a Mechanical Engineering degree coupled with a professional engineering designation or equivalent.
- You have a 5 to 10 years’ experience working in manufacturing environment focused on mechanical design.
- You have experience working with customer requirements and possess a strong customer service attitude.
- You are a clear and concise communicator who can build and sustain relationships both internally and externally.
- You are highly motivated, self-starter and have the demonstrated ability to adhere to tight schedules.
- You consider yourself a highly creative thinker; you love troubleshooting and enjoy providing solutions to design and manufacturing challenges.
- You possess strong time management and organizational skills and are able to initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects effectively.
- You are passionate about growth, improvement and process as it relates to operations and manufacturing and your own development.
- Experience with design and manufacture of mobile equipment, such as agricultural or construction equipment, utilizing hydraulic systems.
- Though not required, having experience designing hydraulic cylinders and related systems is ideal.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT MONARCH INDUSTRIES:
- Competitive Compensation.
- Health Benefits.
- On-site cafeteria and gym.
- Strong, corporate culture with many corporate events for employees.
ABOUT MONARCH INDUSTRIES:
Monarch Industries is one of Manitoba’s leading manufacturing companies and is a privately owned company founded in 1935. Monarch is a vertically integrated manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders and custom iron castings. These products are marketed throughout North America into the retail, agricultural, industrial and original equipment manufacturer markets.
Employing over 500 people, Monarch’s corporate office is located in Winnipeg, Canada. With a foundry in Winkler, Canada and a distribution center in Kansas City, Missouri, Monarch has positioned itself to service all the needs of their customers’ diverse requirements.
As an ISO certified company, Monarch is committed to creating a healthier environment for its employees and the community.
HOW TO APPLY: