Our client, MacDon, manufactures high quality and high performance harvesting equipment for customers around the globe. They are seeking a Director of Information Technology.
As the senior IT leader, the Director of IT is responsible for building a high performance IT organization and aligning it to support the IT initiatives with business objectives, opportunities and financial requirements. This role will also provide leadership in the day to day operations of IT and serve as the strategic IT advisor to MacDon senior management and business leaders.
The successful candidate will be a forward thinking and business focused IT leader who has experience implementing ERP systems across large, multi-location organizations, ideally with a global reach.
- Lead strategic and operational technology planning regarding IT infrastructure and architecture.
- Oversee and guide the upgrade and implementation of ERP systems in support of new and existing business initiatives.
- Champion the identification, definition, implementation and support of processes and technologies to add value to the organization.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives and operating procedures.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Promote and oversee relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including vendors and partner organizations.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention and organization of all IT staff.
- Revise and implement a company-wide IT Governance process.
- Lead and define e-Commerce strategy for best-in-class dealer, supplier and employee portals.
- Coordinate deployment and management of systems as it relates to Security, Disaster Recovery and IT Service Continuity.
You and Your Experience:
- You have a Degree in Computer Science, Business Management or equivalent work experience.
- You have a minimum of 15 years’ experience in an IT role with progressive experience in managing and leading IT teams.
- You have strong business planning and financial management experience.
- You have hands on experience leading the implementation of ERP technologies and systems (JDE is a strong asset) across large, multi-location organizations.
- Along with being an IT strategist, you are also a business leader – you can focus the benefits of IT towards solving the needs of Business.
- You have proven ability in IT planning, organization and development.
- You possess excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively present information.
- Experience with building web portals focused on dealers, suppliers and employees is a strong asset.
Benefits of working at MacDon:
- Excellent compensation
- Employee Benefits
MacDon is a world leader in technology, innovation, and manufacturing of high performance harvesting equipment. Their products are sold worldwide from offices in Canada, the United States, Australia, Russia and Brazil. As a family owned company, they are proud of the relationships that are formed with their employees, many of whom have been there for decades.
Built from the ground up, every MacDon machine is designed and manufactured from their headquarters in Winnipeg. Occupying approximately 900,000 square feet (83,600 m2) on over 85 acres (34 ha), the Winnipeg operation includes facilities for R&D, Engineering, Quality Control, Parts, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Marketing and Supporting Departments. It’s from this location that they supply equipment to Dealers and Distributors in 35 countries around the world.
How to Apply:
For more information about this position, contact Karin Pooley, VP Recruitment & Executive Search at (204) 940-3995.