Our client, Valeant Steinbach, believes in the importance of cultivating outstanding performance and in finding new and progressive business solutions for continued improvement and growth. Because of their commitment to growth, Valeant is ready to welcome a Director of Engineering to their team.
As the Director of Engineering, you bring solid leadership experience as well as preventative and continuous improvement to engineering practices to the role. You are a forward thinking and creative leader who has led engineering teams through transition and change and who embraces new and efficient ways of doing business.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to engineering team – encouraging collaboration and teamwork.
- Lead preventative maintenance initiatives and troubleshoot technical and equipment problems using cGMP within a highly regulated environment.
- Manage capital projects such as equipment improvements and installations, purchases, automation projects and serialization projects.
- Develop and implement LEAN concepts and projects.
- Lead the process for successful shut downs.
- Maintain and co-ordinate the engineering department’s work schedules and maintenance activities.
- Manage and promote a safe working environment, ensuring compliance with regulations and health and safety programs.
- Troubleshoot plant and equipment problems.
You and Your Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment using cGMP.
- Well versed and experienced in project management.
- Hands on experience in leading preventative maintenance, reliability teams and initiatives.
- You have training, certification or strong experience in LEAN philosophies an asset.
- Experience leading engineering and technical staff through transition and change.
- A pro-active and action oriented leader.
- A clear and concise communicator who can build relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong believer in collaboration and can effectively work with stakeholders, employees and colleagues to bring major initiatives to a successful conclusion.
- A strong mentor and leader who promotes a highly accountable team that works towards productive goals and achievements.
- A highly creative thinker; you love troubleshooting and enjoy providing solutions to technical challenges.
- Must have experience working with purified water systems, HVAC, audits and regulatory bodies.
Benefits of working here:
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Benefits
- Stock options
About Valeant Canada:
Valeant Steinbach is one of the manufacturing facilities for Valeant in Canada with approx. 246,000 sq. ft.on 30 acres. They manufacture pharmaceutical and natural health products for North America and the rest of the world.
Their commitment to patient health can be felt in pharmacies, healthcare practices and hospitals across the country, as Valeant Canada manufactures, markets and distributes a wide selection of pharmaceutical products. A strong commercial infrastructure enables them to provide new, cutting-edge, effective pharmaceutical and consumer products to Canadians.
While our client is proud to offer Canadians a wide range of quality products, they are also equally proud to have the best employees working for them across the country.
How to Apply:
For more information please call Linda Chammartin, Manufacturing and Engineering Practice Leader at (204) 940-3979.