Our client, a Manitoba owned and operated business in Dauphin since 2008 is committed to providing the best customer experience within a state of the art, open concept center. On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Controller to join their team in Dauphin, Manitoba located minutes away from beautiful Riding Mountain National Park offering endless outdoor activities.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Controller will be an integral part of the management team, and responsible for providing sound financial advice, leading and directing a cohesive team while building solid relationships with colleagues, vendors and customers through trust, hard work and credibility. This hands-on role will appeal to an energetic self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast pace and diverse environment, is interested in taking initiative, enjoys being a valued contributor and understands the small to medium size business and its unique requirements and efficiencies.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Challenging and rewarding career opportunity where professional development is encouraged.
- Working with a team that is motivated, respectful and professional.
- Competitive compensation and attractive employee discounts.
- Maintains all financial records. Completes financial reports, review daily company performance reports required to manage the company in a cost effective and profitable manner.
- Works closely with the General Manager to create, implement and monitor annual operating plans.
- Coordinates the accounting functions, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, variance reporting, costing, and all other general ledger and financial statement functions.
- Provides and completes timely financial statements, monthly sales activity, profit and loss statements by various profit centers, and on a consolidated basis.
- Administers the company’s banking services requirements.
- Administers the company’s insurance programs and processes claims, including the Employee Group Insurance program.
- Develops and complies with all approved office policies and procedures.
- Contributes ideas for administrative process improvements.
- Schedules a monthly management meeting to review respective departmental variance reports comparing actual to budget reports.
- Completes and distributes monthly Operating Income Statement, Budget Variance Report, and other Performance Reports requested by the General Manager.
- Monitors office expenses and take necessary steps to correct any negative variances.
- Oversees the Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk in the collection of past due account balances.
- Cancels cheques and prepares daily deposits, reconcile bank account weekly, process final reconciliation on the 2nd working day of the following month.
- Participates in company meetings as required. Contributes and encourages the free flow of constructive ideas and information throughout the company.
- Oversees the control of the company’s petty cash funds. Signs cheques as one of the company’s authorized signatories.
- Validates the company’s multiple inventories on a monthly basis, completes inventory reconciliation annually.
- Pays all company taxes in a timely manner to avoid penalty and interests payments.
- Ensures that all governmental rules and regulations regarding office procedures and personnel records are followed.
- Ensures that all accounts payables are paid in a timely manner, or as required, to take advantage of vendor discounts, where applicable.
- Keeps abreast of latest laws and regulations that affect all general accounting issues.
- Maintains a working relationship with the company’s external accountant regarding various tax related issues and prepares year end working papers for the annual reviews.
- Internal support for IT and guidance to an external IT consulting firm.
- Conducts performance evaluations on all positions reporting directly to the position, and assures that all are given adequate annual reviews; reviews and follows up on all suggested improvements in performance with staff members regularly after such formal evaluations.
- Establishes and modifies, as necessary, the company incentive plans. Provides information to the relevant department managers on a monthly basis.
- Reviews all customer contractual agreements to ensure collection of the proper amounts, verifies the calculation of sales commissions, etc.
- Responsible for employee payroll and benefits administration.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or Business and 3rd or 4th level of an Accounting Degree is an asset.
- Equivalent and sufficient work experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in full cycle accounting / bookkeeping and payroll administration within an office environment required.
- Ability to manage people and schedule work assignments.
- Computer literacy required and knowledge of customized accounting and support software preferred.
This career opportunity will also appeal to an individual who enjoys leading a small team, is collaborative and appreciates being the right hand person and trusted advisor to the General Manager. If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume to [email protected] or call 204.336.6249.