Our Client based in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, is a vegetable and fruit puree manufacturer, serving large North American producers of mass-market consumer food products such as soups, sauces, baby foods, beverages and smaller food service and institutional clients. This newly emerging company is at the cusp of entering the marketplace, having full production capability since April 2014. Our Client’s philosophy is community based and focuses on environmental sustainability and development. On behalf of our Client, we are currently recruiting for a Vice President, Finance and Accounting to join their strategic leadership team.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President, Finance and Accounting (VP) is an integral member of the leadership team responsible for the financial strategy and integrity of the organization. The VP will be an experienced financial leader who understands what it means to roll up their sleeves and take a new and fast growing organization to the next level. The VP will have a proven track record as a hands-on professional proficient in developing and implementing financial systems, controls and best practices and procedures which meet the current and future demands of an emerging North American manufacturer. This VP will be responsible for the day-to-day financial activities of the organization including: integrity of the financial systems, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, costs analyses, and tax fillings. This is an excellent opportunity for a leader to contribute to the growth and development of this young company.
- Oversee the accounting and financing functions.
- Leading the creation, development and implementation of systems, processes and policies related to finance, financial reporting, treasury, tax and budgeting.
- Planning, organizing, managing, controlling and evaluating the accounting and finance department’s activities.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of an appropriate ERP system for the organization.
- Assist the COO and VP Operations in the creation, tracking, measurement and analysis of financial and operational performance indicators and standard costs.
- Establishing and maintaining effective internal and external audit activities and financial policies and procedures to ensure proper accounting standards and controls.
- Preparation of the financial statements and other financial analysis reports:
- Ensuring financial statements accurately represents the financial position of the Company;
- Development and preparation of Key Performance Indicators reports;
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of cost accounting reporting;
- Ensure regulatory compliance of the financial and tax reporting;
- Develop and implement cost management policies and control procedures.
- Coordination of the financial planning and budgeting activities, preparation of relevant analyses and establishment of monthly financial projections:
- Plan the budgeting calendar;
- Organize meetings with relevant managers to compile budgeting information;
- Prepare relevant budgeting, financial analysis and presentations for the COO;
- Lead preliminary annual budget process and variance reporting by ensuring budgeting deadlines are achieved;
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Participate in the strategic decision making process and prepare supporting financial analyses.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA) is required.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in senior accounting and finance roles with progressive experience in accounting; knowledge and experience.
- A background in working in a manufacturing environment is required. Specific knowledge of the food industry a strong asset.
- Experience providing financial analysis for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Proven ability to guide, positively influence and gain the buy in of subordinates, management and partners on all financial dealings.
- Experience managing the production of annual budgets, forecasts and cost accounting analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced growth environment and lead growth management initiatives.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and keen adaptability to a dynamic, changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with internal and external parties and lead with credibility, integrity and trust while achieving results and fostering a positive team culture.
- A definite business presence complemented with personal drive, resourcefulness, maturity, honesty and integrity and sound business judgment.
- Community-focused and environmentally conscious.
If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this career opportunity please forward your resume to [email protected] or call 204.336-6246.