Our Client, Diagnostic Services of Manitoba a not-for-profit corporation was created in 2002 to position Manitoba’s public laboratory services and rural imaging services to meet the challenges that the industry was facing within, including an increasing demand for services and technological innovation, growing expectations for quality control and standardization, a need for Information Management and a growing shortage of skilled technical, medical and scientific staff. DSM is responsible for diagnostic service delivery at more than 70 sites throughout Manitoba, supported by over 1,500 dedicated professionals. Unified by a single vision and common goals, all sites will work together as one organization to provide optimal services to both physicians and patients.
DSM’s strategy is to be a quality leader in laboratory medicine and diagnostic imaging in Canada and to maintain or enhance existing standards. On behalf of our client we are currently recruiting for a Diagnostic Services Director, Northern Region.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Diagnostic Services Director will be responsible for providing operational leadership and management for diagnostic services within the Northern Regional Health Authority. We are searching for a dynamic leader who shares the vision to create a patient–first environment that provides quality laboratory medicine and diagnostic imaging services that support the health care needs of all Manitobans.
This unique career opportunity will appeal to an entrepreneurial individual with proven leadership abilities who appreciates and recognizes the nuances of living and working in the Northern region and being an integral member of the community. This role may also appeal to a progressive and innovative leader who is looking to make their mark within the industry and gain significant experience and expertise in this field. With support and guidance from the COO, Human Resources and the Finance team, the Director will have autonomy to lead the Northern Region, develop cohesive high performing teams and key contacts within Manitoba. The Director will be accountable for the proficient and strategic management of resources and teams. They will manage and balance competing expectations from several areas and authorities with finesse and diplomacy, while engaging and motivating staff from near and afar, while drawing from the technical expertise surrounding them.
- Provides overall direction/leadership for Lab/Diagnostic Imaging operations within the region.
- Participates in the development, implementation and communication of DSM goals, policies, procedures and standards
- Implements strategies, changes, quality assurance and risk management initiatives.
- Planning, budgeting, policy setting and quality improvement activities to ensure DSM is providing quality services.
- Building quality relationships with local regional/hospital administration, program and management staff.
- Works closely with RHA/DSM in providing options and solutions to address service delivery issues and recruitment challenges.
- Promotes and supports evidence based decision making at all levels of service delivery.
- Identifies quality, risk and utilization issues and works collaboratively to remove or reduce issues.
- Promotes cost effective and efficient use of resources.
- Recognized as a leader that promotes teamwork, collaboration and partnerships with staff and other DSM teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- Post secondary education preferably in a health related industry.
- Five or more years in a leadership role.
- Proven ability to work in a complex, rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of a complex and unionized environment.
- Successful in building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to listen.
- Decision making skills with the ability to integrate and support varying perspectives.
- Creative and thinks outside the box when identifying solutions.
- Trusted, confident leader who inspires the team to be the best.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Demonstrated background in planning, managing and implementing change.
- Believes and supports the vision of DSM.
This unique and extraordinary career opportunity will appeal to an adventurous outdoor enthusiast who appreciates being surrounded by miles of pristine wilderness paradise, lakes, cabins and chalets. If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume to [email protected] or call 204-336-6246.