As the official opening draws near, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights is seeking a strategic and entrepreneurial Director of Earned Revenue and Visitor Services to join their team. As a collaborator you will work closely with others to establish program goals and objectives as well as provide leadership to a team that will ensure these goals are achieved, reflecting the museum’s objective of creating inspiring encounters with human rights.
In this new role, the Director, Earned Revenue and Visitor Services is responsible for developing recommendations, implementing visitor services strategies and meeting financial targets for visitor services that are focused on key revenue streams including Attendance & Admissions, Memberships, Retail Operations, Food and Beverage Services and Facility Rentals.
- Build the Visitor Services department and service culture through the design and implementation of visitor service offerings, systems, procedures and process.
- Develop and implement attendance programs in an effort to drive high traffic of Visitors to the Museum.
- Lead and manage a team of professionals focused in the various business operations of retail, food and beverage, ticketing and facilities rentals as well as membership programs.
- Develop, implement and maintain a ticketing system for visitors to the Museum.
- Create and manage the rental system and process for the various facility rental opportunities within the Museum (i.e. wedding rentals, corporate events, etc.)
- Implement a strategy and operations plan for the food and beverage offerings of the Museum as well as develop partnerships with potential vendors.
- Create and implement an operational plan for the retail operations of the Museum, both physical on-site and virtual.
You and Your Experience:
- You have 15 years’ experience in sales or marketing including 5+ years in a Senior Manager / Leadership role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Your experience has been focused in retail, hospitality, arts and culture or entertainment related industries.
- You are a builder and love the challenge of creating something new and bringing it to completion.
- You believe strongly in customer service and encourage the same quality of service in your team.
- You have demonstrated experience as a leader, and providing coaching and mentorship is something you love.
- You also have demonstrated experience in creating and cultivating partnerships as well as working with vendors and contractors.
- You have completed post-secondary education, ideally in a Business, Marketing or Sales discipline.
- Your attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are considered to be a top strength of yours.
- You have a high level of professionalism and are never one to turn away from a challenge.
- You are able to manage multiple projects and to prioritize accordingly.
- You must be able to fluently speak and write in Canada’s two official languages; English and French.
- You have extensive experience in planning, budgeting, development, implementation & evaluation of systems, services and/or programs.
- You hold a strong belief in and attitude towards team collaboration and commitment.
- Though not a requirement, having experience in the hospitality, arts and culture or entertainment industry is a definite asset.
Benefits of working at this organization:
- Experience the excitement of developing a brand new role within an internationally recognized organization.
- A digital, media rich environment utilizing cutting edge technologies in a state of the art facility.
- Excellent compensation package.
About the company:
Currently under construction in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights is the embodiment of Canada’s commitment to democracy, freedom and human rights and will be both a national and international destination. As a centre of learning where people around the world can gather and engage in discussion, the museum will have a special, though not exclusive focus on Canada. Contributing to the identity, memory and preservation of Canadian heritage, both past, present and future, the museum will inspire human beings world-wide in their commitment to the fight against hate and oppression.
How to Apply:
Feel free to get in touch with Jenna if you have any questions at (204) 940-3995.