Aboriginal Chamber of Commerce (Manitoba)
(Part time, 20 hours per week)
With a commitment to excellence in providing value to its membership through a portfolio of products and services, the Aboriginal Chamber of Commerce (ACC) has established itself as a strong resource and voice for Aboriginal business in the province of Manitoba.
Birthed in November 2004, the ACC has achieved many successes while overcoming its share of challenges and growth pains. Today, the ACC has never been better positioned to grow its membership, enhance its compliment of programs and services and further establish itself as a valued resource within Manitoba’s business communities.
The ACC is seeking an individual to provide Administrative Support to the General Manager and Board of Directors in accomplishing the goals set by the ACC in the areas of developing and marketing member programs and services while growing revenue and enhancing member loyalty through a solid value proposition.
Under the direction of the General Manager, this individual will be responsible primarily for the provision of administrative support services to the General Manager and the Board of Directors and the ACC office. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks. This position requires a strong commitment to customer service and to teamwork.
Polished and professional in appearance and communications, the Administrative Assistant will assist in the planning of events and promotions, resources and programs, and maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with stakeholder relations. With a minimum of three years experience in the Administrative and Event Planning field, this individual will require the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 Graduate
- Some Post Secondary Education
- Minimum three years experience in the administrative field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and other computer software
- Extremely organized
- Event Planning experience
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Can work with little or no direction
- Ability to take initiative
- Work well when under pressure and in high stress scenarios
- Remain professional in all circumstances
- Ability to speak Ojibway or Cree a definite asset
The Administrative Assistant will accomplish the following:
1. Provide administrative support to the General Manager which may include, but is not limited to, managing incoming communication, screening calls and e-mail, processing correspondence and responding to communication as required, maintaining the General Manager’s calendar, – booking appointments, organizing meetings, training sessions, and event planning etc.
2. Provide support to the Board of Directors by organizing Board meetings, preparing and distributing meeting minutes, and responding to requests from Board Members as required.
3. Provide administrative support to the various ACC committees which may include, but is not limited to maintaining personnel files, scheduling meetings, organizing events, maintaining project specific files, attending ACC events.
4. Provide administrative support for the day to day operations of the office including administering and maintaining a confidential filing system; making bank deposits, providing clerical payroll support, data entry, maintaining forms and files, preparing letters and memos.
5. Prepare travel arrangements (hotel, car, and airfare) for General Manager, board members and other external parties conducting business with the ACC as required.
6. Research vendors and obtain quotes for various business requirements of the ACC.
7. Book venues and place orders for hospitality services for ACC events as requested by the General Manager, and the Board of Directors.
8. Communicate internally and externally to address administrative procedures to and to promote objectives and services of the ACC.
9. Provide assistance to the General Manager, the Board of Director and all Sub-Committees as required, to ensure ACC commitments and business requirements are met.
The position is 20 hours per week at $18.00 per hour commencing August 12, 2013 to March 31, 2014. A possible increase in hours and extension of the position may take place upon completion of term.
If you are reliable, efficient, productive and possess a passion for event planning, marketing, and member relations and can contribute to the continued growth of the ACC, please forward a resume and cover letter by August 2, 2013 by 3:30 pm to:
Aboriginal Chamber of Commerce
Preferably by email: [email protected]
Or by fax: 204-947-0145.
For more information, please contact Gloria Spence at 204-237-9359.