Our Client is a private joint venture company owned by Labatt Breweries of Canada and Molson Breweries for the wholesale distribution of beer and the collection of returnable, refillable and recyclable beer containers within the four Western Canadian Provinces, as well as the Northwest Territories and the Yukon.
The overall goal of the distribution alliance between the shareholder companies in Western Canada is to maximize cost and service performance within the two distinct business processes, wholesale distribution of beer, and the collection of returnable, recyclable beer containers.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Operations Manager this position has a general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse and fleet activities on a daily basis. This includes supervising receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Managing and developing employees within an unionized environment
- Training standard operating procedures ensuring that efficiencies and customer service targets and goals are met safely and successfully
The successful candidate will have:
- A post secondary education
- 5+ years supervisory and operations experience
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff within the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to make decisions in a timely fashion
- Proven leadership skills within an unionized environment
- Ability to work different shifts including Sunday
- Proficiency with MS Office Products, Word and Excel.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Cindy Harry, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8845. If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization in the role of Distribution Supervisor, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected]