Nominate A Tree!
Rivers West Red River Corridor is launching the 2ND ANNUAL AMAZING TREE QUEST in partnership with the Manitoba Forestry Association (MFA).
Go out and find trees that along the Red River Corridor that are: the biggest, oldest, most striking, or community favorite !
Find, guess the height, photograph, and GPS the tree coordinates (or provide location description) to nominate a tree. Nomination forms and photographs to be submitted by September 4, 2012 and available on Rivers West, Routes on the Red and Think Trees websites.
The quest and nomination of amazing trees runs between now and September 4th, 2012.
Winning trees will be announced during National Forest Week – September 22 to 29, 2012.
TREE QUEST OBJECTIVES
- Facilitate and promote stewardship and conservation of trees as an integral part of nature’s ecosystem.
- Foster knowledge and awareness of the role trees play in Manitoba’s natural history.
- Foster knowledge and awareness about the cultural aspects of tree heritage.
- Provide programs and information that support stewardship, conservation, and knowledge of trees
- Engage people in an initiative that promotes physical activity.
- Promote the Red River Corridor as a destination
- Promote the In Motion provincial strategy
Contact information: Julie Turenne-Maynard (204) 925-2321 or Andrea Kraayeveld 453-3182 ext.5