In this issue:
Member & Local News
- BIOFIBE 2011 Conference brings together industry leaders
- Cangene earnings down to $1.5M: As firm focus on developing in house sales force and seeks acquisitions
- Hospitals get new diagnostic tools: Province allocates $120M over 4 years
Life Science in the News
- A chance to fix our broken R&D model
- White House seeks ideas for National Bioeconomy Blueprint
- Heart disease and youth? ‘Staggering’ number of young people at risk, study finds
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here