Business Students from Leading Universities in Canada and Around the World Rank KPMG Second among “World’s Most Attractive Employers”

Oct 4, 2011 | Corporate Member News

KPMG, the global network of professional firms providing audit, tax and advisory services, has been ranked second for two years running on Universum’s 2011 index of “The World’s Most Attractive Employers”.

The Universum rankings this year polled nearly 83,000 business students from the top academic institutions in Canada and 11 other leading economies.

Universum, a global talent consultant, develops its global index of the top 50 most attractive employers by asking students pursuing business and engineering degrees to identify “ideal” employers.

Last year, KPMG in Canada recruited approximately 800 new and returning full time graduates, and around 500 undergraduates through summer internship and co-op programs. The large majority were hired in the company’s Audit practice with other hires in the Tax and Advisory practices. New hires accounted for 60 per cent of the recruits, while the remaining 40 per cent were returning co-op students and summer interns returning on a full-time basis. KPMG’s campus recruitment occurs at over 20 Canadian universities.

“At KPMG, we are very focused at attracting the very best people and developing them to their full potential. We do this through outstanding development opportunities and programs that cater to our employees’ needs.ย  We have kept the number of new hires consistent, even through the recession, and we are forecasting steady hiring during these turbulent times,” said Mario Paron, Chief Human Resources Officer at KPMG in Canada.

This past August, KPMG International announced that its member firms will hire approximately 75,000 campus graduates worldwide over the next three years, representing a 25 per cent increase in campus resourcing targets. The hiring will play an important role in meeting KPMG member firm’s long-term global growth strategy.

KPMG International Global Head of People, Rachel Campbell said: “We are totally committed to equipping our people with the skills they need to cut through the complexity of today’s world. That complexity sees our people increasingly work across borders and taking on challenging, ground breaking projects. To be voted by students as one of the world’s most attractive employers is a real honour and is recognition of the world-class learning that we provide to our people.”

Incoming KPMG International Chairman Michael Andrew said: “Every day our people operate across borders, think ahead of the curve on major global trends, provide deep expertise and work to add value in a way that speaks directly to the priorities of our member firm clients. Our environment is one of collaboration, empowerment and performance, which gives our people the opportunities to grow professionally and personally. The Universum ranking is a true testament to the employment experience we have to offer new graduates.”

Universum CEO Petter Nylander said: “KPMG and other top ranked employers can take pride in knowing that their employer brand knows no boundaries and reaches the best talent from every corner of the earth.”

The Universum poll also included business students from : Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Russia, Spain, the US and the UK.

About KPMG
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 150 countries and have 138,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.

For further information:

Shilpa Kotecha
National Media Relations Manager
[email protected]

Similar Posts


advertisement advertisement


This yearโ€™s #MBBizOutlookSurvey features questions in eight categories, including economic competitiveness, business performance, and labour force, with targeted questions on the impact of inflation and the importance of trade.

We want to hear from you:

This year, CME Manitoba is offering ๐—ง๐—›๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—–๐—›๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—œ๐—ฃ๐—ฆ to students pursuing a potential career in manufacturing.

Do you have a university student at home? Applications accepted until ๐—๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฑ, ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฏ!