In this issue:
Member & Local News
- Research council cuts jobs in city
- Afexa approves Valeant takeover bid
- Pea protein shows blood pressure lowering potential
- GlaxoSmithKline gets $94 M contract for antibiotic
Life Science in the News
- Building Canada’s reputation as a centre of research excellence
- Canadian farmers support the conclusion of WTO Doha Negotiations and the need for science-based trade rules
- GE joins Virgin Australia to develop biofuels
- Lack of innovation holding Canada back: report
8th National Biotechnology Week Events Schedule
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here