In this issue:
Member & Local News
- The Life Science Association of Manitoba is pleased to announce the nominees for Company of the Year: Conviron, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, RANA Respiratory Care Group , and Vita Health Products Inc.
- Kane Biotech files new patent on bone tissue regeneration invention
- Three New Labs for University of Manitoba Researchers
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals announces all-cash offer to acquire Afexa Life Sciences Inc.
- Sanofi signs deal with Pfizer to sell generic Lipitor
8th National Biotechnology Week Events Schedule
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here