In this issue:
Member & Local News
- “Not enough GREEN in Canada’s BIOPRODUCT INDUSTRY”
- Innovative City-made RIVA Units go Global
- Miraculins Announces Grant of Options
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Approval of Sublinox® in Canada
- Link Between Sleep And Weight Gain Discovered
Life Science in the News
- Enerkem sets new Canadian Record for Biofuels Funding Round
- Who Owns DNA? Court Upholds Gene Patent – Again
- Ontario Government Antes up $100,000 for AU Bioscience Centre
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here