Although Canada fared the global financial crisis better than others – the truth remains that some of the best small companies in the country are still facing tough times: money is hard to borrow, the high dollar is strangling exports, and energy prices are shaving down profit margins. Even companies that have great products and hard working owners still struggle to make ends meet. Even worse, they cannot make bold plans and think long term. Instead they are laying off staff, going into debt, losing confidence and heading towards bankruptcy.
Well, help is on the way.
The producers of CBC’s hit reality show Dragons’ Den are on the hunt for interested Canadian companies to participate in an exciting new business show. In this groundbreaking series, some of the country’s top investors will spend their time and money to help these Canadian companies get back on their feet.
This new series will offer business owners a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: the chance to meet a top-notch investor who could provide the boost that their companies need to survive – AND thrive. The experts are willing to fan out across the country, roll up their sleeves and help change the fortunes of good companies that have fallen on hard times.
To top it off, the selected businesses will receive invaluable exposure, with the opportunity to showcase their companies to a national television audience.
What kind of companies can apply?
- Must have been in operation for at least three to five years or more
- Gross revenue of $500,000 per year (average)
- More than five employees
- Privately held business, family business, partnerships, limited partnerships
- Must be willing to commit to being filmed on camera for up to a two-week period between September 2011 and November 2011
- Businesses registered in Canada
- Fluent English speakers
What are the benefits of applying?
- Get FREE top-notch business consultation: marketing, sales, inventory, financing, staffing, etc.
- All experts will visit the businesses personally – no travel necessary
- It’s a chance to get an investment or loan to help the business when other sources have been exhausted
How do you apply?
Download the application as a PDF or Word DOC.
Send the application in an email to [email protected] and please ensure to include your name, company name and contact information in the email.
All interested applicants should apply by Aug. 12, 2011
Only successful applicants will be contacted.