In this issue:
Member & Local News
- Harper Government Announces Second Call for Canadian Innovations
- Valeant to Move Work to Quebec
- GlaxoSmithKline’s lupus drug Benlysta gets Health Canada approval
Life Science in the News
- FDA Chief Names Spielberg to New Medical Products Post
- Only 47% of Life Sciences Companies Have R&D Models That Meet Their Needs
- Biotech Addresses Food Security, Climate Change: Potential Economic Growth Engine
- GreenCore Composites Inc. Completes Project with Support From the Ontario BioAuto Council
$30 Million Dollar Commercialization Briefing and the 5W’s of IP Protection Manitoba: Bioproducts Business Destination
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here