Peak of the Market is holding its 14th Annual Family Fun Day on Thursday, August 11, 2011 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. As always, this event is open to everyone and everything is absolutely FREE with “any” donation to Variety, the Children’s Charity of Manitoba. Donations by cheque made out to Variety, the Children’s Charity of Manitoba of $20.00 or more will automatically have a Tax Receipt mailed.
Variety, the Children’s Charity, has raised more than $22 million in Manitoba to meet the special needs of children of all abilities. Their efforts enable children to participate more fully in life’s activities. Variety provides funds for adapted equipment so that children can run as well as walk; play hockey instead of watching TV; “read” computers even though they may be blind. Variety also contributed $200,000 for a pediatric play area in the upgraded CancerCare Manitoba Treatment Centre.
“Manitobans support has made us a home-grown success” said Larry McIntosh, Peak of the Market’s President and CEO. “This is our 14th Annual Family Fun Day and it is our small way of giving back to our customers and to Manitoba charities.”
Family Fun Day will be held on Peak of the Market’s lawn at 1200 King Edward Street at Dublin in Winnipeg. The day promises to have something for everyone! Here are some of the details:
7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- FREE potato pancake breakfast prepared by Chef Craig Guenther
- FREE coffee
- FREE Winnipeg Sun Newspapers (while quantities last)
- Parking in Peak’s parking lot from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. only (parking at Red River College after 9:00 a.m.)
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- FREE pork-on-a-bun, potato salad, coleslaw and fresh carrot lunch (lunch ticket provided with donation to Variety, the Children’s Charity of Manitoba)
- Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service Fire Safety House
- Fire Engine on Display
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- FREE parking at the west lot (3W) of Red River College
- Peak of the Market will have two FREE air-conditioned shuttle buses running continuously between Peak and the College
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- FREE pony rides
- FREE petting zoo
- FREE popcorn (yes – corn is a vegetable)
- FREE tours of Peak of the Market’s Packing and Distribution Centre
7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- FREE giant slide
- FREE bouncers in two sizes
- several washrooms and wash sinks will be available
- bottled water, juice and Pepsi products available at $1.00 each
As you can see, there is a ton of things happening at Peak of the Market on Thursday, August 11th. Whether you come for breakfast or lunch or stay the whole day, there is something for everyone. Again, everything is absolutely FREE with “any” donation to Variety, the Children’s Charity of Manitoba.
Peak of the Market would like to thank the many organizations that have helped us put on Family Fun Day – Danny’s Whole Hog Barbeque & Smokehouse, Chef Craig Guenther, Red River College, Bounc’en Good Times, TD Canada Trust, Ranger Insurance, QX104.1, The Winnipeg Sun and Peak of the Market Staff & Family volunteers.