The CDEM, the Economic Development Council for Manitoba Bilingual Municipalities and the Chambre de commerce francophone de Saint-Boniface are pleased to announce the winners of this year’s awards ceremony held on June 7th, 2011 at the Norwood Hotel.
Awards were handed out in the following categories:
- Processing Businesses: Brunet Monuments Ltd. – Charles Brunet (see picture below)
- Commercial Services Businesses: Bockstael Construction Ltd. – Jean Bockstael (see picture below)
- Tourism Businesses: Aikens Wilderness Lodge – Gab-Riel and Julie Turenne
- Micro-businesses: Lise Deleurme Chartered Accountant Inc. (see picture below)
- Entrepreneur of the year award: West End Tire Inc. – André Collet (see picture below)
Small and medium-sized businesses represent over 80% of all businesses in Manitoba and vigorously contribute to urban, rural and community development in our province.
Source: Suzanne Druwé Communications Coordinator, CDEM 204-925-2837 [email protected]
“Congratulations to all of our winners!” says Louis Allain, the CDEM!s executive director. “Our French-speaking business owners bring a lot of value-added to our province and we are proud of them. The provincial government recognizes more and more the importance of this value-added and supports the many initiatives spearheaded by the CDEM to increase and improve Manitoba!s economy.”