In this issue:
- Province, Manitoba Hydro Sign Electric Vehicle Partnership With Nissan Canada
- Valeant to Buy Sanitas for 314 Million Euros for Skin Drugs
- UCB’s Cimzia Delivers with ‘Real-world’ Data
- AstraZeneca, Biogen Look Externally for New Drug Candidates
Life Science in the News
- Bacteria Tested as Electricity Producers: Significant Step Taken in Harvesting Energy
- Are VCs Relevant in Early Stage Med Tech Investing?
- U.S. Court Raises Standard for Bringing Down Patents
- Opportunities Begin at BioFinance 2011
- Light Source Receives $3.1M
Member & Local News
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here