In this issue:
Member & Local News
- The Future is … in the Ground?
- Pfizer Canada President Calls for Change in Intellectual Property Rules
- Mentors Play Important Role
- Nepean Teen’s Spinal Cord Research Earns Manning Innovation Achievement Award
Life Science in the News
- Drug Spending Growth Drops as Brands Are Replaced by Generics
- FAO-developed Methodology Offers Policymakers a way to Evaluate Potential Benefits of Growing Energy Crops, Avoid Pitfalls
- Agrivida Teaches Biofuel Crops to Self-destruct
- Oncolytics may Launch Cancer Treatment in 2013
- Paralyzed Man Steps After Implant
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here