In this issue:
Member & Local News
- The Sanford Project & DiaMedica Announce Successful Type 1 Diabetes NOD Mouse Study with DM-199
- The Richardson Centre for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals Celebrates Five Year Anniversary
- Cangene bioPHARMA Facility Renovation is Complete and Operating at Expanded Capacity
- Sanofi Changes Name, Pace of Acquisitions to Slow
Life Science in the News
- FDA to Issue Biosimilar Guidance in 2011
- Glaxo, Gilead AIDS Drugs Cut Transmission to Partners by 96%, Study Shows
- USDA Looks to Approve Monsanto’s Drought-Tolerant Corn
- Oak Island Council OKs Space for Biofuel Project
- Report Touts Economic Impact of Gene Project
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here