In this issue:
Member & Local News
- BIOTECanada’s GOLD LEAF Award Nominations
- GVI Clinical Development Solutions and Guangzhou IRD Medicine Company Create Global CRO
- Valeant Looks Past Cephalon to Other Deals
- Premier Announces New Science Education Action Plan
Life Science in the News
- Feeding World Stirs Hot Debate
- Clinical, Regulatory Jobs top Biotech’s “Must-Hire” List
- Medical Device Industry Voices Medical Device Tax Concerns to IRS
- Biotech VCs Figuring Out How To Roll With The Punches
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here