In this issue:
Member & Local News
- Merck’s Q1 Profit More Than Triples Due to Lower Charges, Despite Small Sales Rise
- Medtronic, Lilly to Collaborate on Parkinson’s
- Librestream and eye2sky Announce Relationship to Provide Mobile Collaboration to Remote Locations
Life Science in the News
- Renewable Fuel Standard: The Stable Policy Investors Are Looking For
- Medical Device Makers Vulnerable Due to Vague Federal Safety Laws
- Drug Researchers Set to Hear Canadian Man’s Cancer ‘Miracle’ Looking to Drug Delivery Systems May Help Functional Food Formulation
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here