In this issue:
Member & Local News
- Province Backing Technology Startups
- DiaMedica’s Type 2 Diabetes Antibody Shown to Increase Glucose Infusion Rate by 291%
- Champions of the New Rural Economy Announced by Province
- Cangene Reorganizes Workforce in its Canadian Operations to Increase Efficiency
- Entrepreneur Boot Camp
Life Science in the News
- Federal Biotech Regulation Challenged by Rapid Innovation in Life Sciences
- Human Gut Check Finds Bacteria Sorted in Ways That May Aid in Treatments
- Government of Canada Invests in Community Jobs and Growth
- 15 ways Biotech is Greening our Pantries
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here