In this issue:
Member & Local News
- DiaMedica Announces an Evaluation Agreement with the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease Against a Bioweapon Pathogen
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Files Presentation for Cephalon Stockholders
2011 Budget News
Life Science in the News
- USDA Awards Grants for Sustainable Biodiesel, Ethanol
- Second Case of Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Confirmed in Canada
- GE Buys Minn. MRI Developer
- Provinces Seek Clarity on Health Funding
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here