In this issue:
Member & Local News
- Miraculins Selects International Aerospace/Medical Device Contractor as PreVu Manufacturing Partner
- Merck to Acquire Inspire Pharma for $430 million
- RIVA an Integral Part of UCSF Medical Center’s Robotic Pharmacy
- Province Says Electric Vehicle Projects in the Works
- Province Moves Ahead with Brandon Medical Education Study
Life Science in the News
- Biofuels Industry Battles Past Bumps in the Road
- Sanofi-Aventis Completes Buyout of Genzyme
- Johnson & Johnson will pay US Government $70M to Resolve Medical Device Payment Investigations
- Study: Nanopolymers can Reduce Cancer Side Effects
- The Language of Science Blog
- Coffee Addiction May Be Grounded in Genes
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here