In this issue:
Event: Is Your Business Plan Investor Ready?
Member & Local News
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International is Among the Companies in the Healthcare Sector With the Best Relative Performance
- More Cash for Food Research
- Governments of Canada and Manitoba Invest in University of Manitoba Food Study
- SAIC Awarded Contract by the U.S. Navy, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic
- Cangene Receives Approval to Early-Adopt International Financial Reporting Standards
Life Science in the News
- More Jobs Expected in Life Science Companies
- Pfizer Drug Tricks Immune System to Shrink Pancreatic Tumors in Research
- New Process Protects Oil-Producing Algae
- Pandemic Flu Deal Awarded by Ottawa
- Brain-Wasting Prions Found in Fertility Hormone
- A Vending Machine for Pharmaceuticals
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here.