In this issue:
Event: Is Your Business Plan Investor Ready?
Member & Local News
- Cangene Profitable During Its Second Quarter
- Governments Invest in Strategic Initiative to Commercialize Orthopaedic Technology
- Provincial and Federal Governments Commit More Than $406,000 to Agri-Health Research Network in Manitoba
- Canola, Flax Aren’t Just For Eating, Anymore
- Province Launches eChart Manitoba
Life Science in the News
- New Heights: Report Shows Continued Growth of Biotech Crops
- Neurologix Gene Therapy Helps Parkinson’s Patients Walk, Move in Study
- Lignol Energy Hunts for New Markets for Wood Waste Products
- Scientists Bank on Stress-Health Link
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here.