TD Bank Group today released its ninth annual Corporate Responsibility Report. Titled Responsible Growth, the report details TD’s social, economic and environmental performance for the 2010 fiscal year.
“We believe that our corporate responsibility efforts in 2010 once again made a meaningful difference in the communities where we live and work,” said Ed Clark, Group President and Chief Executive Officer, TD Bank Group. “From providing support in tough times for our customers, to managing our environmental impacts, to providing employees with an extraordinary place to work, to making a positive impact in our communities — the interests of our stakeholders are at the core of everything we do.”
In 2010, TD reaffirmed its commitment to corporate responsibility with achievements that include:
- Being the first North-American based bank to become carbon-neutral in 2010;
- Helping over 38,000 Canadian customers regain control of their finances through TD Helps;
- Donating over $57 million dollars to community organizations across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.;
- Developing an enhanced financial literacy website for people who are new to Canada;
- Being named among America’s Best Places to Work 2010 for LGBT employees by the Human Rights Campaign; and
- Diverting all of our waste office paper from landfill by implementing the first North American-wide closed-loop recycling program.
The 2010 Corporate Responsibility Report complements TD’s 2010 Annual Report to Shareholders and demonstrates TD’s dedication to being a transparent and accountable organization. TD continues to advance its reporting with these new features:
- Independent assurance by Ernst & Young LLP on selected performance indicators;
- A C+ Level report checked by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI);
- Ten corporate responsibility priorities that are linked to specific performance targets; and
- Interactive features including a CEO video, slideshows and social media.
The report is available online at td.com/cr2010 and the Corporate Responsibility Highlights provides a 6-page summary.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD or the Bank). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves approximately 19 million customers in four key businesses operating in a number of locations in key financial centres around the globe: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Canada Trust and TD Insurance; Wealth Management, including TD Waterhouse and an investment in TD Ameritrade; U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world’s leading online financial services firms, with more than 6 million online customers. TD had CDN$620 billion in assets on October 31, 2010. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol “TD” on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
For further information:
TD Bank Group