In this issue:
Capturing Opportunities 2011: The Bio-Based Economy Member & Local News
- DiaMedica Announces Positive Results from a Hypertension Study with its GSK3B-Blocking Antibody
- DEKALB® brand releases additional supplies of 73 series canola hybrid
- IMRISneuro Purchased by University Hospital Tübingen
- AstraZeneca and Bristol-Myers Squibb Receive EU Approval for Diabetes Drug Use in Kidney Cases
Life Science in the News
- Big Pharma Companies Open to Deals With Small Biotechs
- Canada has New Case of Mad Cow Disease, Industry Says Beef Trade Not Affected
- Canada at ‘Competitive Disadvantage’ in Funding Innovation, say Industry Stakeholders
- Colon Cancer Deaths May Be Prevented With More Tests, Lifestyle Changes
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here.