In this issue:
- Kane Biotech Named One of World’s Top Ten “Most Innovative Companies” in Biotech by Fast Company Magazine
- Governments of Canada and Manitoba Invest in Food Processing Innovation
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Reports 2010 Fourth Quarter Financial Results
- NASA Awards SAIC $62 Million Information Technology Contract Extension
Life Science in the News
- Harvard Scientists Create Hand-Held Device to Detect Cancer at Bedside
- Biotechs Saw Fewer, but Big-value Acquisitions in 2010
- Medtronic To Cut Up 2,000 Jobs
- Biotech Crop Area Expands 10 Percent in 2010
Manitoba 2011 Venture Challenge
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here.