The Manitoba Moose are pleased to announce they have partnered with Red River College to once again participate in the annual “Respond to Reading” program designed to positively encourage children in kindergarten to grade 5 to develop their interest in reading.
Moose players will be visiting eight different schools next Monday, February 28th, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
“Respond to Reading” is an exciting program which offers unique incentive prizes for the students including the opportunity to meet Manitoba Moose players as they visit their school classrooms.
During their school visits, players will be available to read to the students from the book “The Moccasin Goalie”. Classes were chosen based on their completion of a Manitoba Moose workbook created by the students at RRC, along with an explanation as to why a Manitoba Moose player should visit their class. In addition to the visit, there are a number of prizes to be won, including a pizza party, Moose toques, Moose Yearbooks and Workbooks, Manitoba Moose tickets, and a one-of-a-kind Culinary or Broadcasting experience at Red River College for a lucky winner from the grade four to five classes.
The Moose organization would like to send out a sincere thank-you to all of the schools that have participated in the program.
Here is the list of schools and players making appearances at the school:
- Lavallee School – Travis Ramsey, Aaron Volpatti, Stefan Schneider
- William Whyte School – Jason Jaffray, Tyler Weiman, Mario Bliznak, Ryan McGinnis
- Ecole Dieppe – Alexandre Bolduc, Joel Perrault
- Sherwood School – Tommy Maxwell, Sergei Shirokov, Josh Aspenlind
- Harrow School – Kevin Connauton, Kevin Clark, Ryan Parent, Garth Murray
- Ecole Romeo Dallaire – Gulliaume Desbiens, Yann Sauve
- Archwood School – Eddie Lack, Geoff Waugh, Evan Oberg
- Cecil Rhodes School – Jordan Schroeder, Bill Sweatt, Shawn Weller