In this issue:
Member & Local News
- LSAM would like to welcome our newest members: Monteris Medical and VWR International
- Schweitzer-Mauduit Canada Announces Fourth Quarter 2010 Results
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Announces Acquisition of Cholestagel(R) in Canada
- Miraculins Announces Key Technical and Scientific Appointments
- Key Component of Provincial Laboratory System Strengthened
- SAIC to Demonstrate Innovative Cybersecurity and Information Technologies At the 2011 RSA Conference
Life Science in the News
- Agriculture Ministers Promote New Market Opportunities as Industry Continues to Drive Canadian Economy
- Prostate Cancer Genome Map Shows Genes Tied to Seven Tumor Types
- Gap between biotech research and commercialization explored
- Biobusiness booms in Minnesota
- Algae Biofuel on Energy NOW! TV Program
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here.