Nominations are being accepted for the 2011 Lieutenant Governor’s Medal for Literacy
Nomination Deadline: March 23, 2011
The Lieutenant Governor’s Medal for Literacy recognizes exceptional achievement in literacy through two award categories:
- Leaders in Literacy Education
- Partnership for Literacy
Leaders in Literacy Education
Nominees in this category may be:
- Literacy practitioners, tutors and trainers in adult literacy, workplace literacy/essential skills, English as an Additional Language (EAL) or family literacy classrooms
- Adult literacy programs and volunteer organizations that have made significant contributions to adult literacy
- Projects with a literacy focus designed to assist high school drop-outs and/or students at risk of dropping out of school
- Public school resource teachers, language arts teachers and reading clinicians
- Researchers, Councils and organizations in the field of literacy.
Partnership for Literacy
Nominees (individuals, groups, or projects in partnership) in this category may be:
- Businesses or corporations
- Business organizations or sector councils
- Labour groups
- Non government organizations
- Community groups, organizations, and municipalities
- Individuals who have championed literacy, but whose main work is not literacy.
You may access the nomination form and additional information about the award on the pages below:
or call the Adult Learning and Literacy Branch 204-945-8247 or toll free at 1-800-292-9069, est. 8247.