In this issue:
Member & Local News
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Has Risen To A 4-Month High
- Risk and Relationships Why Some People Succeed as Entrepreneurs While Others Fail: The Lautt Story
- Functional Food and Natural Health Products Graduate Student Symposium
- LSAM Members watch your email for your complete benefits package,
Life Science in the News
- New antibiotic to treat C. difficile shows fewer recurrences: study
- ‘Fat cancers’ hit developing nations
- Spray-on stem cells aid burn victims
- Suzuki honoured for environmental legacy but says planet has gone ‘backwards’
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here.